Thread: Pressure drop across condenser?

wengaw

Pressure drop across condenser?

Hi Guys

Its my first post on the site so go easy on me please. I have a quick question that im hoping will be answered by one of you clever lot.

Im currently an industrial electrician thats moving into the refrigeration side of things. Im going to serve another apprenticeship in refrigeration but im receiving on site training at the moment from contractors. The plant in question is a small compressor which is running on 404a, its chilling a room with 2 evaporators.

My question is this, when the discharge/head pressure enters the condenser at approx 16Bar, the fans are running and rejecting heat, does the pressure drop across the condenser?

One contractor told me that the pressure will drop as the temperature drops, this sounded legit at the time but another has now told me that it is nonsense and the temperature drops but the pressure from the compressor through the condenser to the expansion valve is ALWAYS constant??

This may be correct but its the opposite of what ive been told previous.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

C0olDude
    As far as I know as newbie engineer in refrigeration, I think that this concept would be helpful. The discharge pressure/condensing pressure is dependent on ambient temperature. So my answer will be this, there is ideally no pressure drop from compressor outlet to the outlet of condenser, only heat rejection but in constant pressure.

I hope this helps.

Hi

See attached pictures with system spec. You need some info about refrigeration circuit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	126

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	127

Topline condensing

Bottom line evaporating

Left line expansion

Right line compression

As you see 3-4 no pressure change.
    Last edited by oXide; 11-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by C0olDude View Post
    As far as I know as a newbie engineers in refrigeration, I think that this concept would be helpful. The discharge pressure/condensing pressure is dependent on ambient temperature. So my answer will be this, there is ideally no pressure drop from compressor outlet to the outlet of condenser, only heat rejection but in constant pressure.

I hope this helps.
    There will be a pressure drop across all system components. But notesible pressure change are before and after the expension valve and the inlet and outlet of the compressor.